This die cuts three different birds and two wings. Birds are a favorite appliqué motif for quilters. Use for appliqué quilts, garments, gift tags, home décor and much more! Apply fusible web to the wrong side of fabrics prior to cutting for quick and easy appliqué.
- Use die with GO!® or GO! Baby™ Fabric Cutter and Cutting Mat-6" x 12" (55112)
- Cuts one each wide bird 4 1/2"W x 3 7/16"H, bird with pointed tail 5 5/16"W x 2 3/4"H, bird with rounded tail 5 1/4"W x 3"H, wings 1 13/16"W x 13/16"H, 1 1/2"W x 1 1/4"H
Storage: Organize GO! dies with AccuQuilt GO! Die Storage Rack (55115).
- Cut up to 6 layers of cotton fabric at a time. For thicker fabrics, start with fewer layers and build up.
- With some fabrics, after cutting, a thread or two will remain where die blades meet. Snip threads with scissors.
- Use cutting plastic that matches size of each die.
- For best results, cut with die blades running under roller at an angle. Do not cut with blades parallel to roller.
- Blades on some dies are positioned at an angle. Align fabric to edge of shape, not edge of die board.
- Some dies feature specially designed corners to aid in alignment and pre-cutting.
- For fast applique, apply fusible web to fabrics, then cut shapes with dies.
- Use good quality fabric to reduce fabric stretch.
- It's always a good idea to test cut one shape before cutting many shapes to ensure fabric orientation is correct.
Care & Maintenance: Use adhesive roller to clean lint and thread from dies. After each use, with the die pick provided with the cutter, remove any threads embedded between blades and foam. It's normal for threads to get caught where blades meet in a die. Remove with tweezers or die pick. Die blades never need to be sharpened.
Warranty: AccuQuilt GO! dies are guaranteed for one year.